The Bible says in John 8:32 “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” In other words, the key to freedom is to know the truth. The World is everyday becoming more competitive and becoming a survival for the fittest, hence the need for teenagers to carefully follow these “seven things” to attain success in their career in life.
1. Jesus Christ: The first and the most important thing you need as a teenager to attain success in your career in life is Jesus Christ. This is not a gimmick, but simply the fact. Because He who have Christ have all. For it is written in John 14:6 “Jesus saith unto Him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” Did you see that? It means Jesus Christ is the way to eternal life, He is the way to blessing, He is the way to promotion, He is the way to wisdom, He is the way to success. In other words, He is the key to success. And the moment you give your life to Jesus Christ, your journey to success in your career in life begins with wisdom. For the way of the Lord is the way of wisdom little wonder Proverbs 4:7 says “Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.” This will lead me to the second thing you need as a teenager to attain success in your career in life.
2. The Holy Spirit: You need the Holy Spirit to help you make good decisions to attain success in your career in life. The Bible says in Proverbs 16:25 “There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.” It simply means, you could make a decision that could lead to your failure. But when you have the Holy Spirit in you, He will guide you through all things as it is written in John 14:26 “But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.” The Holy Spirit is also an Excellent Spirit that will guarantee your success. The next thing you need as a teenager to attain success in your career in life is to have determination, you can simply put it this way; “Be Determined.”
3. Determination: You must be determined to attain success in your career as a teenager. It takes a determined heart to attain success in life. Here is an illustration in Genesis 11:6 “And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.” If God had not scattered them abroad, they would have achieved their goal because they had determination. They were determined to build a tower. There is an adage that says “when the going gets tough, the tough gets going” it simply means only the determined will reach their goals in life. For you to be determined, you must be disciplined like Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah. You can read Daniel 1:8-20 and you will see how their determination not to eat out of the King’s meat brought them huge success in return. You must avoid all manners and forms of distraction. As a teenager avoid keeping bad friends, they will distract you, please don’t deceive yourself by thinking you can cope keeping bad friends because 1 Corinthians 15:33 says “Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.” Rather keep good friends for it is written in Proverbs 27:17 “Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.” Make friends with like minds who are working towards achieving success in their careers in life. Your determination will help you to have passion for your career which is the next thing you need as a teenager to attain success in your career in life.
4. Passion: As a teenager you must have passion for your career. This will enable you to “study hard”. It is what I call the “Propeller to Success”. Another word for passion is zeal, you need to be devoted in your studies to attain success in your career in life as a teenager. The Bible says in Proverbs 22:29 “Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.” It means a man who have passion for his business and is hardworking will excel to the level of relating with kings and not ordinary people. Likewise a teenager who have passion for his or her studies and is hardworking will attain success in his or her career in life. The next thing you need is to think right.
5. Think Right: You need to think right whenever there is a problem. The problem could be either financial or physical or even something worse. No matter how big the problem is, always make sure that you think right. Be positive, if you desire to become a doctor and financially things are bad, don’t worry, all you need is to think right believing that the Almighty God is able to provide because if it is in your heart, the Lord will put it in your hands. The Bible says in Proverbs 23:7 “For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.” In other words, an evil man is made up of his evil thoughts likewise a successful teenager is made up of his or her successful thoughts. You need to think right as a teenager to attain success in your career in life. The next thing you need as a teenager is what is almost becoming a thing of the past, you need to be “Obedient to God and to your parents.”
6. Obedience: As a teenager to attain success in your career in life, you need to be obedient. The Bible says in Isaiah 1:19 “If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:” It means as a teenager, if you are ready to adhere or listen to instructions or command given to you by a higher authority then you will attain success in your career in life. You must be obedient to God, your parents, your teachers and your elderly ones. You must learn to follow all instructions or command given to you because it is for your own good. As a teenager, “No is not an option for you.” You must submit yourself to higher authorities, little wonder the Bible says in 1 Peter 5:5 “Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.” This will lead me to the seventh thing you need as a teenager to attain success in your career in life which is “Humility”.
7. Humility: As a teenager, you need to be humble because humility will take you far in life while pride will lead you to destruction. In order to be humble you must develop a good attitude. Your good attitude will help you to attain success in life. Because the road of an ” I don’t care attitude” which is pride will lead you straight to the house of “Had I known” which is regret. But if you humble yourself in respective of your background, the sky is your limit. You will definitely attain success in your career in life for it is written in 1 Peter 5:6 “Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:”
N.B: By the grace of God, if you follow them, you will attain success in your career in life.